Friday 15 February 2008

The Secret Life of Roses

If you travel far or tarry long - away from love and refuge,
If you've lost your way from right to wrong -- still my heart is true
If the seven seas rise up between and you sail to distant wonders
I will wait upon some foreign shore and live on dreams of love

Of all the things I never said and all the hope inside me
I am still the keeper of the flame that will not be denied
There is beauty in the silent bird there is light where none can see it
There is truth when no one says a word there is love for you and me
And the secret life of roses that bloomed out of the sun
Is like the love that I keep for you -- it never will be done
And the stars we wish on up in the sky - they fade into the night
But my love will grow where no one knows
Like a rose's secret life

And the stars we wish on up in the sky they fade into the night
But my love will grow where no one knows
Like a rose's secret life

No comments: