Saturday 2 February 2008

A Constant Victory

Before the winds that blow do cease,
Teach me to dwell within Thy calm;
Before the pain has passed in peace,
Give me, my God, to sing a psalm,
Let me not lose the chance to prove
The fulness of enabling love.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.

Before I leave the desert land
For meadows of immortal flowers,
Lead me where streams at thy command
Flow by the borders of the hours,
That when the thirsty come, I may
Show them the fountains in the way.
O Love of God, do this for me;
Maintain a constant victory.

Amy Carmichael

1 comment:

Donna B said...

Just gave your little blog an award. Look on my spinning daydreams blog for details....but don't feel like you must pass it on. This is a commendation,not an obligation. :-)